Book of the week: Take Me With You : A Round-The-World Journey to Invite a Stranger Home
by Brad Newsham

Barb gave me this for my birthday (a few days early) and I devoured it. I guess I really like travel writing, though I don't often read it. This guy was someone I could really relate to - he was a hippie, he had travelled a lot in his youth. He had made himself a promise to someday invite a stranger to the USA, when he was older and richer. He's older now, not much richer, and he took a trip around the world, all third world locations, meeting people with the secret intention of later on picking one to invite home.

The book got me intrigued with the idea of travelling to Kenya, and really turned me off India. There were not enough words for "disgusting" in the thesaurus for him to use while describing the scene there.
« Home | Next »

» Post a Comment