Silence

Allergies are hitting everyone hard this year, so maybe that's why recently I've been waking up with a froggy voice. Today, no voice at all! The edges of my vocal cords feel ragged and flap near one another, but do not connect. Yesterday, I was able to warm up sufficiently to get to a singing voice by the afternoon, but today I don't even want to try. It's time to give it a rest while I just keep hydrating.

I try to remember what laryngitis was like in the days before email. Email communication keeps me sane.. at least I don't have to scratch notes on a little pad and pass it around. Public appearances are strained: I did have to use a little sign language to tell the cook that I wanted my eggs scrambled. I'm trying to lay low at work, so that no one will ask me any questions in person.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment