In 5th grade, I had a teacher (sent this in e-mail a little earlier) named Miss Rush, a kind of bedraggled but nice lady (I guess I was judgmental as a kid). She made me read Richard Halliburton's Book of Marvels, which I devoured. She said she was only letting me borrow it because she thought I had imagination or something. (I bet she said that to all the boys) (this is getting to be quite a parenthetical message) Anyhow, one of the things among the marvels that I just KNEW I would do as an adult was see the Taj Mahal, since I was fascinated by it back then (did you know a mirror image black one was planned, but never made across the water?) Anyhow, some time as an adult I realized it was in India, and it slipped way down my list of places that I yearn to see, but probably will not, because of the negative image of India that I have. I was evidently right from your book review of Brad Newsham's book. It's not that I don't have compassion for them, It is just that I am overwhelmed by that kind of thing.



Bobb





« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment