Ever since last winter, Barb and I have been holding a very informal BURT LANCASTER film festival. I can't quite remember how it got started, but we realized that we had seen very few of his films, so we occasionally rent one. So far, we have seen:
The Rose Tattoo
The Swimmer
Sorry, Wrong Number (I can't remember if this was during the film festival or before)
Atlantic City
Field of Dreams (this is one of my favorite movies, despite Burt Lancaster)

Last night we saw a good one (frankly in my opinion the ONLY good old one so far): The Sweet Smell of Success. It has a great soundtrack - very jaggedy jazz that went perfectly with the stark b&w backgrounds and the hip, harsh 50's New York City club scene.

I feel Burt L. is overrated. Tony Curtis stole the movie, I thought. He had the charisma, the looks, the hair, the movie star quality... Burt seemed stiff and delivered his hokey dialogue in a monotone.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment