It seems the blogging has been raised an intellectual notch, possibly leaving me stuttering. My previous knowledge of Mark Hanna is that his name would make a great first line to a limerick. However I do appreciate the linkage better now. I only learned of my Mother's non-biological link to Grandma when Merry told me when I was about 40 years old. I remember whispers and hints, but our family certainly kept some dark things under wrap that would have been just fine in the open. As for Barb's references to the racial pigeon holes, I think her point is, which is my view, that it is time for these things to pass on. I somehow got on a Harris poll list, and I answer web questionnaires for them from time to time; - about what appliances I buy and like (none), -or what kind of electronic toys I have or desire (many) and other subjects, most pretty transparently driven by commerce. However at the end they ask what "Nixon" group I am in and I always check the box "decline to answer". I think the more we emphasize the groups by tracking we actually influence people to think that way, rather than the intended goal of homogenization. Is that "conservative" or "liberal" to think that way?. Those are stupid pigeonholes as well, of course, since everybody's views are mixtures, and moving targets at that, if they are really thinking, not stagnated.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment