Quick trip to the Southland

I went to San Diego this weekend for a Lead School - everything you ever wanted to know about singing Barbershop lead, given by Kim Hulbert, the best lead in the business. It's been a while since I've been down there. A group of friends from our chorus flew to Orange County and drove down. I was surprised by the massive overdevelopment along that stretch of the coast. I don't know why I was surprised - it's the same everywhere. There are just too many people!! all trying to live in the same place. When we drove to through California and Nevada recently on our way to Utah, I was struck by how much open space there still is in this country. (of course, it was while crossing the Mojave Desert) Yet we cram ourselves into these areas right on top of each other. If only someone would invent the transporter (like in Star Trek) so that we could live anywhere... and the added bonus would be that we wouldn't have to mess up the scenary with these ugly highways, either.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment