Baby, it's hot outside

It's our annual heat wave - over 100 degrees for a week, now. We have been sleeping on the aerobed out in the patio, under a mosquito net that Barb insisted on and which I really appreciate. No more dive-bombing, whining bugs at 2am. Last night, I woke suddenly not to bug sounds but to a scampering rustle and the sound of pebbles falling from the roof. The dog was running around and let out a bark.

All I could think of was that darned rat, jumping out at me last week. His family could be out searching for him, or even seeking revenge. Sleep was gone for the next hour, while I listened to each little sound, not really fearful but almost out of curiosity. Where will they come next? Then, the moon rose and directed its rays directly into my eyes. I got up, went in the house and back to sleep. On my way into the house, I marvelled at the number of stars that were visible, despite the bright moon. Even though there have been some fires in nearby counties, and lots of back-to-school traffic, the sky is remarkably clear.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment