Ever since we watched "Pal Joey" on TV last week, the song "The Lady is a Tramp" has been going thru my head. It's got a great hook, nice swing, perfect song really, except for the lyrics! Even if they weren't tinged with male chauvinism, they still wouldn't make much sense.

I have this idea of writing new, funny lyrics for this song. The pattern is very IF/THEN. You know those Stephen Wright aphorisms that go around the internet? (http://www.effingpot.com/fun/wright.html) I think they would make great lyrics, if rewritten and rhymed just right.. here's a first stab:

Microwaved instant coffee.. went backwards in time,
Put a skylight in my ceiling.. the upstairs neighbors got mad,
Put spot remover on my dog .. he disappeared!
That's why... something something something...

Want to play??
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment