We've just returned from New York where we were visiting my family. Besides the oppressive heat, humidity and gnats, it was the best trip ever. We took a side trip to Rochester to visit MF and Tara, a drive to Cooperstown to see the baseball Hall of Fame, and a day-long drive to the city to see "Rent". I always seem to be taken by how rural upstate New York is, but this time it seemed to really take me by surprise. I guess the constant growth around me in Seattle made the contrast appear greater. It's probably the closest I'll come to feeling like being transported back in time.

I just read Fast Food Nation. It was an educational look at how the fast food industry has shaped how we live as well as an eye-opening look at the vast history of the meatpacking industry. Very informative.

You've got to see the movie My Bg Fat Greek Wedding which will make you laugh out loud. I went with my 2 sisters on "seniors" night and thought we would be ousted for laughing so hard! Remind me to keep laughing when I am a senior!!!

You mentioned about the artists that do stick sculptures. I had the chance to see several of them at the new glass museum in Tacoma. They are fabulous! They are very large and open so that you can actually walk inside of them. I didn't take note of the artists' names, but I think the sculptures were made by different ones.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment