When we moved to our new work facility last summer, there was a dictum that came "down", demanding that we all be satisfied with our new work spaces, because no one would be allowed to move for at least six months. However, the spaces were not satisfactory for many of us. Mine in particular was dark, crowdy and noisy, and no database developer could hope to get any work done in that place. I was able to wheedle a switcheroo out of my supervisor, and escaped to the silent sunny climes of the third floor loft, where I sit with a beautiful view on every side, a window that opens, a private elevator, and no others to disturb me. However, the move was not "official", and everyone said "keep it quiet". Today, my bosses' boss asked me, "are you still on the third floor?" and when I said yes, he said, "well, so far no one has said anything about it!". This is strange, because I thought HE was the one who wouldn't allow the moves! Apparently the dictum has been absorbed... no one remembers who said it, it has become the air we breathe. I said I would lay low, if that is indeed possible on the top floor of a very large building.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment