I didn't expect there to be such a gap between posts here - I even took my laptop with me on this vacation! but in Phoenix, I decided to unplug, and then in Zion, we WERE unplugged. The motel didn't even have a phone in the room. We dialed up once from the local cafe that had internet access, but didn't want to stay on long. The canyon beaconed!

Zion Nat'l Park is on my top ten list of favorite places in the world. Finding the words to express why is a challenge. The best part was our hike up the Narrows, the path up into the throat of the canyon. You continually have to wade into the river, crossing back and forth to tiny spits of sand and grass that grow up against the walls of beautiful sandstone. Red, orange, yellow, white walls, every color of stripes and layers, carved by wind and water over thousands of years... or is it millions?

More soon. I'm on the computer in Sequoia Nat'l park - we're staying our last night in a lodge on an alpine lake, and waking up early, I wandered to the lobby and found this computer. The keys are sticky and I'm finding it hard to type!

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment