I took a look at my site meter today and noticed that someone had visited my site directly from another blogging site. So I visited there, and LO AND BEHOLD the blogger had put a direct link to Harmonic Convergence right on her blogroll! I guess this is no big deal for those super-duper bloggers who post interesting links and long daily essays with deep thoughts about life and philosophy. But I don't think of this blog as something that strangers might want to read - at least not regularly enough to warrent a link. But on the other hand, I have lots of links and bookmarks to unknown bloggers all over the world. I like to read the latest theater reviews by the gay man in NYC who travels a lot to Cape Cod. I like to keep up to date with the woman who just sent her daughter off to school. And I browse through their links. The blogging community grows and grows, and yet it feels like a place where people peer into windows at night, eavesdrop on conversations, and rarely engage.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment