Bought a car today...

We teamed up to buy a used car this week - yesterday, during the storm and downpour, I surfed the net and found out what cars were available in our price range and the makes that we were considering. Barb did the phone calling and negotiated a good price by setting a couple of dealers into a price war with each other. We ended up seeing and driving the car (a little red Toyota Echo) today, and did the financing deal right there, and will pick it up tomorrow. We could have waited til it was cleaned and driven it home tonight, but the dog was waiting in the backyard. A successful transaction!

We have been seeing a number of the films out this season. So far:
Return of the King (4 stars) - high production value, love the scenary, love Viggo
Peter Pan (5 stars) - unexpected pleasure. Darkly beautiful with updated yet classic storyline
Gloomy Sunday (5 stars) - art film from Germany. One of my favorite films of the year!
Calendar Girls (4 stars) - fun, heartwarming story about real women's lives
Pirates of the Caribbean (rental) (1 star - I fell asleep, which is the true sign of a bad movie)
Cold Mountain (3 stars) - if I hadn't read the book, I might have enjoyed the movie more. The characters were not full enough. Jude Law is a hottie, Nicole left me cold.)
Big Fish (3.5 stars) - I really wanted to like it. Some very interesting moments. Kid in the seat behind me talked too much.)



« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment