Communication Lines

If I had to summarize my life in one word, it'd be communication. The various threads that have woven through the years are all in line with this: the ability to read, speak and write well, the impulse to sing and harmonize, a love of dance, my ability to learn and speak other languages, my interest in other cultures and how they are expressed, my leadership ability, a preference for being part of a group, teaching skills, keeping this blog (as well as journals through the years), working for a media company, a fascination with books and films. In every situation, I feel compelled to explain, analyze, put into words.

The only means of communication that I don't like is the telephone. On the phone, I feel trapped and one-dimensional. I am sure that the words I need are not going to be heard correctly. I'm never quite certain that what I want to say can get across. I also worry that I can't tell what people really mean when they speak on the phone. Perhaps I need to see the body language of others to feel comfortable.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment