Washed away

I have written a few posts lately (slowly, slowly, as I normally do..I tend to backspace just as much as I type forward - I'm an editor at heart, not a writer) and then, upon clicking "Publish Post", the posts have disappeared into cyberspace (blogger error page), never to be written again. It does make one rather click-shy. I promise myself I will copy everything I write onto the clipboard before clicking, but hope springs eternal, and there it goes again.

One day, I re-wrote a short post three times, and it never did get published. A few days later, my anger subsided, and I went back to blogger, only to see the original post sitting there, saved as a draft.

This morning I wrote something clever (I'm sure it was clever) about waking up and hearing water - a waterfall? no. a shower? no. the dishwasher? oh. it's raining. (There, that was at least as clever if not more succinct than the way I wrote it this morning.)

There seem to be too many parentheses in this post, but I just can't bear the thought of taking them out and having to re-write anything again.

I'm remembering to copy this post before clicking....! Hold your breath!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

That feeling of losing a (in our mind) clever post or message is certainly a cyberspace pitfall. Blogger has eaten a couple of mine along the way as well. You stop kicking yourself for not clipping or saving,then get tough and re-create it from scratch, but like Doc Watson said about musical recording sessions on the "Circle Unbroken" album, the first take is always the best. Your creative ideas and everything is, if not better, at least unique, and not easy to do over.
One of the reasons why I do not blog anymore.
M
One of the reasons why I do not blog anymore.
M
» Post a Comment