New Year wishes

Best wishes for a successful 2005. I tried to take a break from the keyboard and monitor as we ended the year. Rains came, movies were seen, food consumed, presents opened, and joy was shared. One day, we forced the kids to take a nature hike with us. They love biking but have developed a dislike to hiking - can't imagine why. Then we all (except Jeremy) stayed up til midnight and banged pots and pans, popped Jiffy Pop popcorn and discharged poppers and toasted the new year.

For years I have had a recurring nightmare of a tsunami at the beach. Now I have a clearer picture of just how awful a nightmare that can be. Why do I read the accounts and watch the videos? It is the same sad procedure that we went through after 9/11 - trying to wrap our minds around a disaster that we had never before imagined.

On a happier note, our family has been sharing memories sparked by my sister's wonderful gift of a cd-full of digitized family slides. Here is a shot of an adolescent me at age 12.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Age 12 Pic: Nice Hat!
» Post a Comment