A dream visit

Last night, I spent a little time with my mom. I dreamt I was visiting my sister in a small town somewhere. I wanted to go out to eat, and she said, we can't go, because Mom is coming by bus. I asked when the bus would arrive, and she said, not for two hours. I figured we had plenty of time, and walked to a little restaurant. After eating, I looked out the window and saw Mom walking down the street from the bus stop. I ran out into the street and hugged her. Her smell and feel was so familiar. She was taller than me.. I had forgotten that. She kept saying, "I'm just so proud of you."

As we walked together back to my sister's house, we passed people that I know, and I proudly called out, "this is my mom!" to them. The warm dusty streets, dogs barking, the small houses with curtains blowing in the breeze.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment