Novel idea

Another blog linked me up with Prof. Barnhardt's Journal. I don't know why I'm drawn to these list-makers.. really, I'm not a list maker, just a collector of lists. Barb & I started to make a blog where we were listing the top movies of all time, but now it is gathering dust. Could I really make a list of my top 10 novels? My problem is that I really <HATE> superlatives! That is, it's hard to say what's "top" in my book. But I figure, if the title is top-of-mind, that says something, doesn't it?

OK, I'll give it a stab: but remember, this is not necessarily my top ten. Just the first ten. If I can even make it to ten... my memory being what it is.

1. Always Coming Home, Ursula Le Guin
2. The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett
3. He, She & It, Marge Piercy
4. Blue Highways, William Least-Heat Moon
5. The Moor's Last Sigh, Salmon Rushdie
6. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
7. Song of Solomon, Toni Morrison
8. The French Lieutenant's Woman, John Fowles
9. Little Women, Louisa May Alcott
10. House of the Spirits, Isabel Allende
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »