Summer movies

Amid all the other summer activities, we've been staring at the big screen and during the past week, we saw:
Bruce Almighty
The Cooler (on pay per view)
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of whatever
Aimee and Jaguar
The Stepford Wives

I think of all of them, I enjoyed the last best. Harry Potter's new director made it more realistic, but since the book is a fantasy, I found that I preferred the stylish fantasy look of the others over this gritty feel. And why don't the kids have to wear their robes at wizard school anymore? what's with that? Jeans and sweaters while training to read tea leaves and make incantations? It just doesn't scan. But The Stepford Wives made me laugh out loud - it was a fun update of the story.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment