Dealing with change

Barb's dad is in crisis...there was a call from the bank this week, saying that they have frozen his funds because of all of his excessive check-writing. Jane has a plan to get someone in his home to supervise him. I imagine that it feels pretty lousy to be old, out of control, and forced to give in. I know he won't go down that road without a fight. He won't even agree to go to a restaurant that someone else has chosen, let alone have live-in care chosen for him.

At work, friends have given notice and, simultaneously, management is being juggled and tossed. One of the hardest things I've had to learn about working at a company is that people always come and go. Most of the friends I made when I started 5 years ago are no longer here. When reorganization happens, it always makes for a queasy feeling.

Also, my friend James has lost his mother yesterday. The biggest change of all: when the family structure is altered. Perspective is skewed, and proportion is out of whack. How can the world go on, when someone that important is gone? And yet on we spin.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

I am so glad you finally have comments.....I agree that it is hard to grow old in this culture...we all prize our independence too much. Change is the only constant. Who said that? I am loving the book The Time of Our Singing.
» Post a Comment