Venture Forth

I had a dream about names last night. In the dream, I met someone who had been famous in the 70s for being a guru who would "find your true name". People would pay him to go into a trance and he would "name" you. Perhaps I had even been tempted to use his services. At any rate, I was very eager to tell him the whole story of how I had found my name.. without paying for his help. I embellished the long story with many sideways turns and twists. I really wanted him to see that he had been a scammer. I invented a story about how I even had found more than one name. Neither name was revealed in the story, saving them for the grand finale. As I approached the "reveal", I got nervous because I realized that I had lost track of my own story and wasn't sure what my name was, especially the extra one I had embellished with. The grand revelation is the funny part of the dream, because the names seem so ordinary and odd. My "inner" name was actually 'Brady', and my "true" name was 'Venture Forth'.

Perhaps this came bubbling up because of a conversation I had with JL and Dan the other day- about funny-named people we had known. JL wins the prize with a co-worker named "Harry Butz".
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment