Great read

I am engrossed in a novel called The Time of Our Singing, by Richard Powers. If you are possessed with a passion for music and science, like I am, you will find this book fascinating. The writing is so beautiful - I am reminded of the intricate word weavings of Salmon Rushdie, without the overseas color. I began the book and couldn't resist reading some passages aloud to Barb. What I found is that the prose is even better when read aloud - the richness of the writing requires a slower pace than my silent-reading will allow. Read aloud, you have time to pause and let the emotions and the concepts flow over you. You can hear the rhythms and tempo of the sentences, that brilliantly reflect the music to which Powers is referring.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment