A picture is worth..

Lately this blog has become very photogenic, heavy on the images and light on the words. I wonder if this transition is due to the emergence of color into the environment. Vibrantly green hills, glowing daffodils, the front yard's magnolia tree, and now the hot and soft pinkatude of the cherry and plum trees.. all of these colors, and more, are daily vacations for my winter-weary eyes.

People talk a lot about their favorite colors - and of course, I have a stated favorite. But what I really enjoy is a bright color. Any color that jumps from the scene, shouting out its name from a distance, is what I like. I may not like the bubble gum pink of .. well, say bubble gum as it's being blown out of pink mouth. But if I see something equally pink - a pink poodle against a black skirt or a pink balloon in the blue sky, it suddenly POPS, and it's good.

Maybe that's why I love purple (my favorite). You just don't see that much purple, so when it appears, it's the odd man out. I don't wear much purple - perhaps because I can't really see it in context when it's on my body. I do love having purple toenail polish, down there where I can see that wild color, and enjoy.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

You know there has been a useless site out there since 1994?
http://www.purple.com

http://www.purple.com/faq.html
» Post a Comment