Two recommendations

I have just finished quite an interesting novel, called "Cloud Atlas". Barb gave it to me for valentine's day, and it was a very entertaining read. Each section of the book is written in a different style and about a different time and place, and yet there is a thread that holds them all together. The middle section of the book goes so far into the future that it becomes science or speculative fiction.

We also saw a wonderful movie the other night, called "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill". Some of my friends laugh at me because I like to recommend unusual documentary films (like Genghis Blues). What I really liked about this movie is that the human story is just as compelling as the story about the birds. Transformative and uplifting, the stories are beautifully and skillfully illustrated by the photography.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment