Oh, where have you been?

Where have I been, anyway? right here, but, as the young folks say, hella busy. You'd think at this time of year, there'd be some reports of quiet times around the entertainment center, or feasting with friends. Well, it's not like we haven't done some of that. But we took the three kids down to Universal Studio between xmas and new years, and we've been trying to see a lot of the new movies, and the quartet was busy ... well, most of all, we've been getting ready to TAKE A VACATION.

Yes, we're going down to New Zealand on Jan 25th. It's going to be a great trip. First of all, it's a group of barbershoppers, so music will be a huge part of the trip, and second of all, my sister has signed up to join us, and third of all, it's New Zealand, and it sure looks pretty! I have been wanting to go there since the 70s, when my Swedish exchange sister, Vonne, went there and worked on a sheep farm for a while. She didn't really like it, because it rained a lot and it was culturally backward for women, but her descriptions of the landscape and the slow pace of life drew me to it. Then movie directors started to use it as dramtic backdrops (like in the Lord of the Rings trilogy), and my interest was piqued even more.

I have joined the iPod world, and am having some fun digging around iTunes and getting some of my music uploaded. We also got a new digital camera (5 megapixels), so look for some photos once we get there. I'm planning on keeping a travel journal, so that I can post some of our travels afterwards.. looking at our itinerary, it doesn't look like I'll have a lot of time to sit in internet cafes, updating my blog.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment