Doggies galore

Last Saturday, we participated in the San Francisco SPCA's fundraiser, the Doggone Fun Run, in Golden Gate Park. We decided to go at the last minute, but a flurry of emails sent to our dog-loving friends netted almost $200 in pledges for the 5K walk/run. Thanks to those who donated! It turned out to be a sunny day, despite Friday night's unexpected showers. And there were pooches everywhere.

What a variety! Of course the labs and retrievers were to be expected, but I was surprised that so many folks with tiny dogs made the trek. Some of them were SO small that they needed a little lift:



We all got a free t-shirt, that was so ugly that as soon as I glanced at it, I "donated" it back to the organization. Of course, some did not mind about the aesthetics at all:



There is a lovely website that I stumbled on one day, called Bee Dogs. They simply display photos of dogs wearing bee costumes. And why not? Anyway, when I saw this little dachshound in his sweater, I immediately pulled out the camera so that I could capture him for that website. I told the owners to check it out.



The only costume that Lola will deign to wear is a kerchief. I think she looks quite fetching here as she poses with me under the "START" banner.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment