We saw two good movies this weekend: Harry Potter (2) and Frida. Having seen the last Harry Potter movie and having enjoyed it, but felt rather unimpressed overall (I barely remembered the plot or the visual effects), we were pleasantly surprised that this installment was so much better. There were several moments where I felt so drawn into the images - like I was really there, in that castle, with those skies above me. That's when I enjoy movies the most, when I forget I'm in the theater and really get transported.

Frida was a visual treat as well as such an interesting and moving story about the artist Frida Kahlo. I think it will be nominated for best picture! Great performances by all the actors, and fabulous art direction, costuming and sets. The director, Julie Taymor, was the master mind behind Broadway's version of the Lion King, and has such a fertile imagination.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment