Coming of Age

Ariana is ten years old now and I have been giving some thought to what we might do as something special to celebrate her coming of age (in a few years). I am sure there are interesting rituals that women in this era have invented that we might use as a model. I am looking for something that will be a challenge physically and mentally, that invokes a feeling of mystery or spirituality, that involves nature and the many women who have been nurturing her since she was an infant.

At that juncture of my life, I went to the Virgin Islands with my family. Getting on a plane for the first time, snorkeling over a reef, seeing the people of another culture - all of those events were seeds that later blossomed into adventures throughout my life.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment