Winter sunshine

We had a week or so of fog, and so when the sun came out this week, it was a welcome sight. The lemons on the backyard tree are bright as beacons, and the hillsides are starting to radiate dayglo green.

Yesterday, from a meeting at the conference table in my office, I looked across at the hill outside the windows to see a big coyote. She was peering intently at the ground, and then suddenly hopped straight up into the air. Landing a few feet away, she repeated the hopping a few times before landing on her lunch. The others at my meeting and I watched her as she crunched happily. Her bushy tail was held straight up during her hunt, and she reminded me of Lola, so satisfied and well-fed.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment