Things to do this weekend

Use the stencils I bought online that arrived from England. I have to pick the best one that will go on the ceiling fan blades in our bedroom. I painted them red, to contrast with the wheat walls and the saffron curtains that fill the room with liquid gold every morning. The stenciled design will be orange.

UPDATE: here's a photo, they are all painted and installed!




Continue working on my new bird mosaic panels. I started one last weekend.. the original drawing that I found was of a chickadee on a branch. I copied the picture freehand to enlarge it, and then traced the outlines with a pencil, pushing hard enough to make a dent in the soft pine board. Then I started putting down the broken tiles. Now the bird has taken shape, with its branch, but it no longer appears to be a chickadee. The next panel will be another type of bird. I have to go to the tile store today and see if there are some nice border pieces that will unify the various panels.

UPDATE: Here's the original image, my drawing, and the first tiles:





Get my hair cut. Today at 10~! boy it sure is overdue.

Find my bald/comb-over wig for Wednesday's chorus party. Our "Nerd Alert" double quartet is going to be performing at the pajama-party themed event. I also need to find appropriately nerdy pajamas at the thrift store.

Get the guest rooms ready for my sister and brother who are arriving on Thursday for my BIRTHDAY! We have so many things lined up to do next week. I'm taking three days off so that I can really enjoy myself and to help take my mind off the fact that I will be half a century young. I will have attained the age that first impressed me as "wow that's really OLD", when I was a kid.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment