A funny week

This week has been so odd - with heavy rain, which is rare for this time of year, and a sudden head cold that knocked me out. The rain will keep our creek (of the famous creek trail) flowing for a little longer. Photo Friday's theme is "green".. Here is a green photo, taken in February as the moss and ferns were just emerging.



Growing up, green was my favorite color, and it still holds a very dear spot in my heart. Now, a beautiful deep purple will cause me to gasp with more emotion than green. Put them together, as with wildflowers in a bed of grass, or a wild pattern of a shirt, and I am beside myself.

I used what little energy I had this week going through some old boxes of photos and scanning a few with my birthday gift-scanner. There are so many photos.. my strategy is to isolate those that can stand on their own as interesting or visually cool photos (even if you don't know the subjects) - shots that could be used, say, as greeting cards. I am also pulling out some that call out for a blog entry, for future use right here.

Here is one that illustrates a story I told about my trip to Switzerland in 1971. This is Cathy Sheldon and me.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

I have several thoughts about this, although not too heavy:
A. Green was never a favorite of mine.

B. That's a cute picture of you with Nancy. I really didn't see you for years, and didn't know you as an adult very well. I might have passed you on the street if you didn't sing or laugh (which I could identify in a stadium).

C. Going back to your previous post that you linked, I scrolled down and laughed again at the google picture of
"uncle" Henry C. Hythecker.
That's a great post. I used to love green and meadows of grass also. Very cool idea about scanning old pics. Nice job.

Thank you for leaving a comment earlier also.
» Post a Comment