MLK

Listening to KPFA this weekend - they are playing songs inspired by Dr. King, and his speeches. When I hear his words and the way he used them, I am always brought to tears. Unbridled optimism like this:

"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright light of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word."

What a powerful voice. I remember clearly the morning when I came down to the kitchen for breakfast, and Mom was sobbing. The news that he had been shot seemed like more of a personal, family tragedy than when the JFK was killed.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment