What do you remember from when you were 6 years old?

That was how old I was when Kuni lived with our family. We took a trip to Gettysburg and Washington DC as a family that year. I don't remember much about the sights, but I remember writing notes to everyone in the station wagon as we drove, and addressing them (TO: Kuni, the back seat, our car, USA, the Earth) and drawing a stamp on each one. I must have just learned to write. I was thinking about that memory as I sat on the plane to Disneyland with Jeremy, age 6, and we wrote words back and forth on a little pad. Will he remember riding the Matterhorn? or the writing pad? Will they remember the Haunted Mansion, or the room service in the hotel?

You can't tell what memories are imprinting, even your own memories, as time rolls by. Don't you wish you could trap the ones you want, and leave the rest behind? But who knows which ones you will need later on? What is meaningful and what is important?


On the Disneyland train:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment