The internet is amazing. Today I happened across the webring for Unusual Internet Museums, and saw collections of banana stickers and side show items and the national lighter museum.

The other night we were discussing the concept of the human "cluster". People tend to cluster around something that interests them, and gosh, the internet is the best way to find your cluster. The thing is, you may not know what to look for. I didn't know that I was fascinated by broken tile until I started working on the mosiac. I didn't know that fruit labels would become an (albeit brief) obsession until I started searching for a particular type, and appreciated their variety and colors. It's exciting to think about how many interesting hobbies may be lurking out there, unknown to me until one day, I'll happen across them while looking for something else. Then bam! they'll grab me and I'm off! joining another obscure cluster, finding friends I didn't know I had.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment