Thinking about change

Jon Carroll's column about change this morning made me laugh out loud, especially the line:

"If the Rockies will tumble and Gibraltar will crumble, how come I can't lose 20 pounds?"

We want change, yet we don't want to upset the apple cart. We expect things to keep evolving, but at the same time we want to keep things the way they are... at least the things we like.

I tend to be the person in the group who wants, in my heart, to shake things up, to take a chance on something new. But on the other hand, my affect is soothing, I'm the one who mediates, who smooths things over, who goes along with the majority rule. How can these two personality traits co-exist? They seem to get along without causing any visible signs of schizophrenia.

One of Dad's favorite quotes is running around my head: "There is nothing certain in life, except change". Might as well enjoy it!!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment