Strange vehicles I have seen

While in Yosemite, there was an odd vehicle parked in the lot near Camp Curry - the Goldfish-mobile, I guess you would call it. It was a giant orange representation of the tiny goldfish cracker, wearing a huge pair of sunglasses on its "head". The darkened windshield is its "smile", though I thought it should be the eyes. I guess you could say it was a camper van that had been transformed into this creature. This thing was there in the lot for most of the time we were there - we didn't see it driving around or dispensing crackers or anything else. Do you suppose that the driver was just taking a couple of days off, and thought, why not drive the darn thing to Yosemite? Or was it part of some promotion?

I thought of this vehicle while perusing another blog, Grit My Teeth, and there I saw a picture of a Mini Cooper with a peanut on top. You can take a look at this ridiculous vehicle at this online roadside gallery.

I am a big fan of unusual vehicles, especially those customized "art cars", but this goldfish thing was just too commercial to fit into that category. I have a fantasy that someday I'll start gluing something interesting onto my car and before long I'll have something that I can drive in parades and get my photo into a coffee table book.

There is an art car festival coming to the SF area in September - maybe I have time to get out the glue before then??

The one vehicle I hope to see is the Big Horn. Take a look.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment