Oh, Canada!

We had a wonderful getaway up in Vancouver. The city is so urban. The influx of money from Asia since we last visited has caused highrise condos to sprout like mushrooms. Yaletown, where we stayed, is only a few years old. It's too bad that San Francisco's South Beach development does not look as classy as this neighborhood. Each highrise is architecturally unique, with interesting angles and overhangs and decor. They are separated by lines of townhouses, so that the buildings don't crowd one another, and so the sun may shine for all.



The new public library is fabulous. The architect denies being inspired by Rome's coliseum, but I don't know why he bothers.



We took the ferry and bus and then the funicular up to Grouse Mountain, which was so much fun. That day did not allow us many clear views of the water and land below, but we were able to see some beautiful birds up close, and saw wolves and grizzlies that had been rescued and were being taken care of as part of the ecological preserve.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

I thought I had seen all your blogs, since I do have you in my RSS feed, but somehow I had missed these Canada pictures. I like the reflection shots of the skyline and the canine.
» Post a Comment